Due to popular demand, Book My University has created a comprehensive Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section that will guide you through your MBBS Abroad admissions and application process. The FAQ also touches on other topics that may arise such as financing your MBBS study abroad, studying part-time while you work, or working while you study. WE tried to address some of the basic concerns related to studying medicine from abroad. Our FAQ has been incorporated to demonstrate that studying MBBS from abroad is not really expensive. We have also included information on how one can qualify for a medical degree abroad, what the cost of living is like, where you can intern after your graduation, and much more.

Yes. As per the current rules of the National Medical Council (NMC), you can practice in India. After graduating from abroad, in order to get a license to practice in India, you are required to qualify the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) conducted by the National Board of Examination (NBE).

Yes, After registering with MCI, the Doctor can apply for Government & Private jobs or do his/her own practice, as the person is now recognized by the Indian Authorities as a qualified Doctor.

There is no limit for appearing for FMGE test. The test is held twice a year, in June & December. You can appear for either June or December session.

  • Students can cook their food own food – Kitchen Facilities are available.
  • Indian Canteens and restaurants are available in the city and near the university’s premises.
  • Establishment of a dedicated low-cost canteen serving Indian food for international students in the hostel premises is under consideration by the university.
  • All food items such as Rice, dal, potatoes, flour, pizzas, fruits, spices, tea, milk, butter, etc are available for sale in the markets and bazaars.

As per RBI regulation Students pursuing education abroad can obtain a loan up to Rs. 15 Lacs. Visit the local branch to find the terms. Amount sanctioned depend on Income proof of Parents. i.e last three-year income Tax return / or salary Certificate. You will have to satisfy the criteria that the bank will apply. Visit the local branch of Nationalized banks in your area to find out more.

YES. It is listed in the WHO Directory of Medical Institutions. WHO publishes a list of Medical Colleges given by Various countries.

YES, The Bachelor’s degree is recognized in India and in more than 180 countries around the World. Graduates can practice in the following countries after completing formalities as needed by each country: 1.India: After clearing a Screening test conducted by the National Council of Education. The test held is twice a year. 2. United Kingdom: After passing the PLAB Examination. 3. United state of America: After clearing the USMLE 4. European Union (EU): The degree is recognized by the European Union.

You need to either apply for your passport online and apply. The passport application process is moving online. Visit www.passportindia.gov.in The website contain the name, address, and phone number of passport offices all over India. You can submit your application online or via a form. In some cases, the application is being received online only. We recommended that you apply for your passport immediately. Fill out the form on the net and you get an appointment date. Normally takes SIX to EIGHT weeks to receive a NEW passport. The following documents are needed for the application of your passport.

  • Parents/Friends/relatives of students can visit, invitations can be issued from that country to facilitate visa processing in New Delhi.
  • There are two holidays in a year. 15 days in January and 2 months in summer (July and August). During holidays – Students have the options of staying back there or traveling in Europe or coming back to India to spend time with their family.

Most of the medical colleges abroad now-a-days have hostel facilities. They also provide Indian food. Contact BMU Counsellors to know more.

We have representatives in various cities. Please send your query to us and we shall send it to our local representative office and they would get in touch with you.

Yes. Vegetarian food is available. If needed: Pure vegetarians can cook their own food so that they happy about what they eat.

Yes, but it also depends on the university applied for and also the medical board of the country where the students want to do the internships.

They can be paid directly to the university applied for and also the medical board of the country where the students want to do the internships.

Every university has an International Students Department where students could address their problems directly.

Chat with Yukti Belwal